Going to the farmers market on Saturday mornings is one of my absolute favorite things to do. Creating new recipes with my finds is even better. This week’s market finds resulted in what I’d like to call my Blackberry Goat Cheese Summer Salad! I promise… you definitely want to give this one a try.
Blackberry Goat Cheese Summer Salad
4-5 handfuls of spinach
3/4 cup goat cheese crumbles
1 cup fresh blackberries
1 cup fresh sun gold tomatoes
1 avocado cut into chunks
5-6 basil leaves
2 thyme sprigs
3/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
2 jalapeños sliced (optional)
1. Place spinach in a salad bowl and cut up using kitchen shears.
2. Cut tomatoes in half, prepare avocado, chop jalapeño (if you want it to have a little heat). Add to salad.
3. Toast sliced almonds in a small pan over medium heat until fragrant. Add to salad when cooled.
4. Crumble goat cheese and tear basil leaves over salad. Pull thyme leaves from their sprigs and place in salad.
5. Top with oil and balsamic vinegar or other dressing of choice.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
In this debut book, Kendra Adachi offers practical tips to help us tackle life without running ourselves into the ground. Kendra's motto, "Be a genius about the things that matter and lazy about the things that don't" is the book's framework and the first chapter breaks down what it means to be a lazy genius. The subsequent chapters are 13 lazy genius principles: Decide Once, Start Small, Ask the Magic Question, Live in the Season...
Well. Here we are, friends. I'm going to be a homeschooling mom for the 2020-2021 school year. This was not an easy decision. Before I had kids I thought I might homeschool them one day. I quickly changed my mind when I became an actual parent. Even with a background in education (elementary school teacher and librarian), I realized that I didn't want to homeschool and would most likely be sending my kids to public school. Then COVID...