Going to the farmers market on Saturday mornings is one of my absolute favorite things to do. Creating new recipes with my finds is even better. This week’s market finds resulted in what I’d like to call my Blackberry Goat Cheese Summer Salad! I promise… you definitely want to give this one a try.
Blackberry Goat Cheese Summer Salad
4-5 handfuls of spinach
3/4 cup goat cheese crumbles
1 cup fresh blackberries
1 cup fresh sun gold tomatoes
1 avocado cut into chunks
5-6 basil leaves
2 thyme sprigs
3/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
2 jalapeños sliced (optional)
1. Place spinach in a salad bowl and cut up using kitchen shears.
2. Cut tomatoes in half, prepare avocado, chop jalapeño (if you want it to have a little heat). Add to salad.
3. Toast sliced almonds in a small pan over medium heat until fragrant. Add to salad when cooled.
4. Crumble goat cheese and tear basil leaves over salad. Pull thyme leaves from their sprigs and place in salad.
5. Top with oil and balsamic vinegar or other dressing of choice.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
It's that time of year again. The flowers are blooming, the sun is shining, and the mosquitos are attacking. Between water play, gardening, and eating meals on our back porch, my family spends a lot of time outside during the warmer months. When we first moved into our current home, I remember going outside to pick pears from our pear tree and literally running back inside ...
Have you heard all the buzz about double cleansing? Below you'll find a basic how-to and defense for double cleansing (with Some Call Me Crunchy product suggestions, of course)!
Why double cleanse?
Double Cleansing is a must because having a clean canvas to apply toners and skin nourishing serums is very important. If you spend lots of money on serums and hydrating creams, but your skin isn't clean, those powerhouse products won't actually do very much...
Some Call Me Crunchy Newsletter
Join my newsletter and get 15% off your first purchase!