Going to the farmers market on Saturday mornings is one of my absolute favorite things to do. Creating new recipes with my finds is even better. This week’s market finds resulted in what I’d like to call my Blackberry Goat Cheese Summer Salad! I promise… you definitely want to give this one a try.
Blackberry Goat Cheese Summer Salad
4-5 handfuls of spinach
3/4 cup goat cheese crumbles
1 cup fresh blackberries
1 cup fresh sun gold tomatoes
1 avocado cut into chunks
5-6 basil leaves
2 thyme sprigs
3/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
2 jalapeños sliced (optional)
1. Place spinach in a salad bowl and cut up using kitchen shears.
2. Cut tomatoes in half, prepare avocado, chop jalapeño (if you want it to have a little heat). Add to salad.
3. Toast sliced almonds in a small pan over medium heat until fragrant. Add to salad when cooled.
4. Crumble goat cheese and tear basil leaves over salad. Pull thyme leaves from their sprigs and place in salad.
5. Top with oil and balsamic vinegar or other dressing of choice.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Y'all. I read 77 books this year (follow me on Goodreads here)!! My goal was 75 and with 2020 being the year of the pandemic, I was able to make it happen. I listened to many of them and also bought SO. MANY. BOOKS. that I have random stacks throughout my house. Below you'll find my favorites by category...
This list includes favorite things from this year (excluding books because they needed their own post)!
Favorite TV Shows: Ted Lasso, Bridgerton (Shonda Rhimes does it again), The Queen's Gambit, Schitt's Creek
Favorite Movie: Y'all, I can only recall watching two movies this year. I did really love the ones I watched: Happiest Season and Little Women.