Going to the farmers market on Saturday mornings is one of my absolute favorite things to do. Creating new recipes with my finds is even better. This week’s market finds resulted in what I’d like to call my Blackberry Goat Cheese Summer Salad! I promise… you definitely want to give this one a try.
Blackberry Goat Cheese Summer Salad
4-5 handfuls of spinach
3/4 cup goat cheese crumbles
1 cup fresh blackberries
1 cup fresh sun gold tomatoes
1 avocado cut into chunks
5-6 basil leaves
2 thyme sprigs
3/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
2 jalapeños sliced (optional)
1. Place spinach in a salad bowl and cut up using kitchen shears.
2. Cut tomatoes in half, prepare avocado, chop jalapeño (if you want it to have a little heat). Add to salad.
3. Toast sliced almonds in a small pan over medium heat until fragrant. Add to salad when cooled.
4. Crumble goat cheese and tear basil leaves over salad. Pull thyme leaves from their sprigs and place in salad.
5. Top with oil and balsamic vinegar or other dressing of choice.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle, written by sisters Emily and Amelia, takes a look at "why women experience burnout so much differently than men." The co-authors explain the problem (women being exhausted, overwhelmed, and stressed) and offer some explanations as to why women experience this differently. They also offer some very practical solutions for dealing with stress and overwhelm including ...
This list basically includes all of my favorite things from this year (excluding books because they needed their own post)!
Favorite TV Shows: Flea Bag, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, The Crown
Favorite Movie: A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
Favorite Albums: Tides of a Teardrop by Mandolin Orange, Wildcard by Miranda Lambert, Closer Than Together by The Avett Brothers...
Some Call Me Crunchy Newsletter
Join my newsletter and get 15% off your first purchase!