Going to the farmers market on Saturday mornings is one of my absolute favorite things to do. Creating new recipes with my finds is even better. This week’s market finds resulted in what I’d like to call my Blackberry Goat Cheese Summer Salad! I promise… you definitely want to give this one a try.
Blackberry Goat Cheese Summer Salad
4-5 handfuls of spinach
3/4 cup goat cheese crumbles
1 cup fresh blackberries
1 cup fresh sun gold tomatoes
1 avocado cut into chunks
5-6 basil leaves
2 thyme sprigs
3/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
2 jalapeños sliced (optional)
1. Place spinach in a salad bowl and cut up using kitchen shears.
2. Cut tomatoes in half, prepare avocado, chop jalapeño (if you want it to have a little heat). Add to salad.
3. Toast sliced almonds in a small pan over medium heat until fragrant. Add to salad when cooled.
4. Crumble goat cheese and tear basil leaves over salad. Pull thyme leaves from their sprigs and place in salad.
5. Top with oil and balsamic vinegar or other dressing of choice.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Whether we want to admit it or not, unmade decisions can cause a lot of turmoil and stress in our lives. In The Next Right Thing, Emily does her readers a great service by giving them practical ways to practice being better decision makers. A few chapter titles from the book include: "Know What You Want More," "Make a Most Important List," and "Be Where You Are." Each chapter begins with a brief story and/or guide post and ends with a prayer and a tip to actually put the aforementioned idea into practice. Within ...
Some Call Me Crunchy Newsletter
Join my newsletter and get 15% off your first purchase!