If you’re just joining me in my all natural journey, then you might want to read a little more about my issues with acne in this post. I’ve been dealing with acne since I was in middle school and I’ve probably tried every acne product on the market. NOTHING ever worked for me. It wasn’t until I started focusing on using more natural, non-toxic beauty products (because of issues with migraines) that I realized a lot of what I was using on my face was making my acne worse. As I researched other options for skin care, I ran across something called the oil cleansing method. It has truly been a lifesaver for me. I went from having horrible cystic acne to hardly ever getting a pimple. All of the products I currently use are ones I have created and they are available for purchase in my Etsy shop! Now for the good stuff. Below you will find instructions for how to use my facial care products in 5 easy steps. Please feel free to ask questions in the comments!
For so long I was convinced that I couldn’t put anything oil based onto my skin because I thought it would cause a break out. As I did more research, I found this not to be true and that nourishing skin oils actually work to dissolve the oil on your skin. Like dissolves like. My cleansing oil comes in three different variations based on your skin type. Each variation contains nourishing oils to help balance out oil production and leave your skin feeling like you stepped out of the spa.
castor oil, jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, tamanu oil, sunflower oil, grapefruit essential oil, juniper berry essential oil, geranium essential oil, and lavender essential oil
castor oil, avocado oil, olive oil, jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, tamanu oil, sunflower oil, grapefruit essential oil, juniper berry essential oil, geranium essential oil, and lavender essential oil
castor oil, avocado oil, olive oil, grapeseed oil, tamanu oil, rosehip seed oil, grapefruit essential oil, juniper berry essential oil, geranium essential oil, and lavender essential oil
- Before bed and in the morning, drop a quarter-sized amount in your hand and rub over entire face (this also removes makeup).
- Place a washcloth under hot water (I usually get it as hot as I can stand) and place the wash cloth over your entire face. Leave it for one minute or until it cools. As the cloth cools, wipe the oils off of your face.
- Continue rinsing your cloth with warm water and repeating until the oiliness is gone.
My lavender + rose complexion mist is a facial toner that balances, soothes, and hydrates the skin. It is suitable for all skin types. It also has just a hint of peppermint which is a great pick-me-up!
- Lavender Hydrosol: soothes damaged or inflamed skin, calming
- Rose Hydrosol: tightens pores, helps to heal irritated or acne prone skin, moisturizing
- Aloe Vera Gel: helps to hydrate and moisturize skin
- Witch Hazel: tones and helps reduce inflammation
- Peppermint Essential Oil: uplifting aroma that acts as a pick-me-up
- Carrot Seed Oil: nourishes, tightens, and rejuvenates skin
- Castor Oil: increases circulation and reduces swelling
- Infused Almond Oil: anti-inflammatory properties which helps to decrease puffiness under the eyes; good source of vitamin K which helps decrease discoloration under the eyes
- Evening Primrose Oil: helps with age-related structural and functional changes in skin tissues, such as redness, firmness, roughness and fatigue resistance
- Rosehip Seed Oil: full of vitamins, antioxidants, and essential fatty acids that can help correct dark spots, reduce scars and fine lines, and hydrate skin
Apply morning and night after cleansing around the eye area. Use your fingers to gently pat and distribute as needed.
My facial serums combine a variety of nourishing oils with a unique blend of essential oils for each skin type.
This serum for acne prone/oily skin combines a variety of skin nourishing oils with essential oils of grapefruit, wild orange, ylang ylang, and geranium to help balance out skin tone and oil production.
My all natural Restore Facial Serum for dry/aging skin combines a variety of skin nourishing oils with essential oils of helichrysum, frankincense, geranium, and sandalwood to help repair and regenerate the skin, smooth out wrinkles, and promote youthful looking skin.
Soothe Facial Serum for normal/combination skin combines a variety of skin nourishing oils with essential oils of grapefruit, lavender, and cedarwood to help nourish and maintain beautiful looking skin.
Apply 2-3 drops to face after applying Some Call Me Crunchy Complexion Mist. For extra moisture in the winter months, add a pea-sized amount of shea butter or my lavender body butter and mix in hand before applying to skin.
Herbal Facial Steams are a wonderful addition to any skin care routine. Facial steams are beneficial to your skin because they help to open up your pores, cleanse, promote healthy circulation, hydrate, and calm. The boost of circulation and hydration will leave your skin with a beautiful and healthy glow. This can also be used as a tea! Insert this step after cleansing once per week.
chamomile buds, rose petals, lavender buds, comfrey, fennel seeds, rosemary leaves, and nettle
Once weekly after cleansing with Some Call Me Crunchy Cleansing Oil, place 2-3 tablespoons of herbs in a bowl with 4 cups of boiling water. Allow to steep for 1-2 minutes. Drape a towel over your head and the bowl and breathe deeply for 2-5 minutes.
Still have questions? Ask away in the comments or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.