I’m just about 36 weeks along and if you know me at all, then you know that I’m a type A planner of all things. So, of course, I’ve already starting packing my hospital bag. Since this is my second pregnancy, I feel a little more confident about making decisions as to what I will need/want. A lot of the body care items are things that I make and sell in my Etsy shop. I have included a ton of links* so that you can see the specific types of things I’m packing!
First of all, I knew that I wanted to have a good bag to carry everything in. With my daughter, I felt like I had 3-4 different bags and was so worried they wouldn’t get transferred with us to the different rooms we were in. I decided to go with this Birdling Weekender Bag and am SO glad that I did. I already used it on a weekend anniversary getaway a few weekends ago and am obsessed with it. It’s huge, has lots of compartments, and looks pretty too!
*some affiliate links included
|for the mama|
- Blanqi Postpartum + Nursing Support Leggings: I bought these leggings early on in my pregnancy and wore them a ton during the first trimester. I’m already obsessed and know that I will basically live in them postpartum. They are great because they offer lots of postpartum support and allow your torso to still be covered when you lift up your shirt to nurse.
- Robe: I’m using a basic robe (like this one) that I used with my first. I’m not much of a robe wearer normally, but having a robe is a must at the hospital.
- Pajamas: I’m planning on taking a pair of Lularoe black leggings and this nursing tank top from Ingrid & Isabel. I had two of these tanks with my first and wore them until they were basically falling apart.
- Nursing Friendly Going Home Outfit: I chose this beauty by Roolee. The creators of these nursing mom dresses inserted zippers into the sides to make nursing super easy. And they are gorgeous!
- Shoes: I plan to have my Birkenstocks and a pair of flip flops for the shower.
- Pillow: I’m extremely partial to my pillow and will definitely be bringing it along.
- Lavender + Rose Complexion Mist: I’m obsessed with this stuff and use it as a toner, to freshen my face during the day, and as a body mist.
- Dry Shampoo: This is a must for me. With my first, I wasn’t able to shower right away and I didn’t have any dry shampoo with me. It was one of the first things in my bag this time.
- Lavender Body Butter: This is the only lotion I use. I’m taking the subtle lavender scent for the hospital so that it will be calming for baby as well.
- Chapstick: But, of course!
- Other Toiletries: toothpaste and toothbrush, facial care (oil cleanser and serum), hair ties, basic Beautycounter makeup (tinted moisturizer, blush stick, and mascara), contacts (and glasses).
- Diffuser + Essential Oils: I plan to use a lavender + chamomile blend for the recovery room. I’ll also be diffusing wild orange and doTERRA Balance during labor.
- Nursing Salve/Baby Balm: I make and sell a Baby Balm in my shop that has a very small amount of lavender. I’ll be using it as a nursing salve and for the baby.
- Soothing Gel Pads: These help a ton with initial nursing discomfort. I’ll also have some regular disposable nursing pads in my bag.
- Postnatal Vitamins: I prefer to take these instead of the ones that they give you at the hospital.
- Bottom Spray: I was going to make my own, but wanted to try this one first. Last pregnancy I only did the sitz bath with essential oils (which I’ll still do), but I’m hoping the spray will be helpful as well.
- Depends: Trust me. These are way better than the pads that the hospital provides.
- Snacks: I’m taking granola, dried fruit, and Oat Mama Lactation Bars.
- Baby Balm (mentioned above)
- Lavender Rollerball: for calming and sleep
- Clean Hands Spray: I prefer this to alcohol based hand sanitizers any day.
- Going Home Outfit
- 2 Zip-Up Sleepers: These are way better than the button down ones and make diaper changing much easier.
- Pacifier: I plan to try and wait until breast feeding is well established before using a pacifier, but I’ll be bringing one with this pacifier clip just in case.
- Fox Lovey: My wonderfully talented friend over at Emergolde makes the most adorable loveys. I sell them in my Etsy shop as a baby gift set (lovey, lavender body butter, and baby balm).
- Stuff for Hubby: change of clothes, toiletries, pillow
- Technology: phone (camera), computer (with labor playlist), and chargers
- Birdling Weekender Bag (mentioned above)
Are you an expecting mother? Use code NEWMAMA to get 15% off your first order in my Etsy shop!