Going to the farmers market on Saturday mornings is one of my absolute favorite things to do. Creating new recipes with my finds is even better. This week’s market finds resulted in what I’d like to call my Blackberry Goat Cheese Summer Salad! I promise… you definitely want to give this one a try. 🙂
Blackberry Goat Cheese Summer Salad
4-5 handfuls of spinach
3/4 cup goat cheese crumbles
1 cup fresh blackberries
1 cup fresh sun gold tomatoes
1 avocado cut into chunks
5-6 basil leaves
2 thyme sprigs
3/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
2 jalapeños sliced (optional)
1. Place spinach in a salad bowl and cut up using kitchen shears.
2. Cut tomatoes in half, prepare avocado, chop jalapeño (if you want it to have a little heat). Add to salad.
3. Toast sliced almonds in a small pan over medium heat until fragrant. Add to salad when cooled.
4. Crumble goat cheese and tear basil leaves over salad. Pull thyme leaves from their sprigs and place in salad.
5. Top with oil and balsamic vinegar or other dressing of choice.