Spoiler Alert: I have already finished the final season, so there may be some spoilers in this. You have been warned. 🙂
Anyone else as sad as me that season 6 is the final season of Downton? I know, I know. It’s probably time for it to come to an end, but I will so miss seeing this show. I even shed a tear or two as I watched the final moments in season 6.
- Lack of Drama: Has there ever been a show like Downton Abbey that has so little drama, but can keep you so entranced? Granted, there was some drama here and there, but that wasn’t what I loved about it. It was the day to day living that mesmerized me and kept me coming back for more.
- The Dowager’s One Liners: Can I just say that I love Maggie Smith? Her one-liners are the best and had me laughing out loud every time. And I pretty much already loved her because she played Professor McGonagall in Harry Potter.
- The Dowager vs. Isobel Crowley: I absolutely love how these two bicker and fight like they one another’s worst enemy and then in the next scene they are civilly sitting down for tea.
- Carson: Despite his curmudgeonly ways, Carson is such a sweet man who values honor above all. He will be greatly missed.
- Anna and Bates: Who doesn’t love these two? They have such a sweet, caring marriage and I loved watching them interact.
- Mrs. Patmore and Daisy: Watching these two bicker was almost as fun as watching the Dowager and Mrs. Crawley. And Daisy is definitely a little spitfire (especially in season 6).
- Trips to London: Anyone else love to see their trips to London as much as me? My dream is to visit England and spend some time there. I so enjoyed watching their adventures in the city.
- Tom Branson: I’m pretty sure I almost cried when he came back in season 6. I was also convinced that he and Mary would end up together, but I was definitely proved wrong.
- The Christmas Special: I adore the Christmas special (except for season 3 when Matthew dies). I love them mostly because they are longer and I get to spend more time in their world, but also because I love seeing the family celebrating together.
- Upstairs & Downstairs Life: Seeing the difference in the lives of the people that lived upstairs and those that lived downstairs was intriguing. It’s hard for me to even imagine that people lived like that. Watching Downton was like traveling back in time and being completely sucked into their world.
What will you miss most about Downton? Please share with me so we can bask in our sorrows together. 😉