My windows have been in much need of a good cleaning. Windows are typically the very last thing that I think to clean, thus they are often neglected. I’ve been using a vinegar and citrus window cleaner that is super easy to make. Call me crazy, but there is something about good smelling cleaning products that makes cleaning just a little less horrible. You could use any citrus type oil in this recipe. I love the smell of grapefruit (although I don’t like to actually eat it), so that’s what I went with. Just a little heads up though, when you are making cleaning products and using citrus oils, be sure to use a glass bottle. I discovered that one of my glass bottles that I recycled from something I purchased at Whole Foods works great. I just screwed on a sprayer and was good to go. You could also buy one here from Amazon.
Natural Glass Cleaner
- 16 oz. Glass Spray Bottle
- 1 & 1/2 cups vinegar
- 1/2 cup distilled water (I just boil some right before I make this)
- 10 drops of a citrus oil (grapefruit, wild orange, lime, lemon, etc.)
- Mix all ingredients together in your glass bottle.
- Screw on the spray nozzle and give a little shake to make sure everything is combined.
- Clean those windows. 🙂