So my favorite season is fall. Spring and summer are great (I have a bad relationship with winter), but fall is by far my favorite. Here’s why:
- Hot Beverages: Coffee, pumpkin lattes, tea, and hot chocolate. There’s nothing like a warm beverage on a cool day.
- Fall Music: That’s right, I have a special playlist in iTunes and on Spotify (you can find my Spotify list here) named Fall. I prefer calm, chill music during the fall and my list contains Over the Rhine, The Civil Wars, Patti Griffin, and Nora Jones.
- Adirondack Chairs: I have wanted adirondack chairs forever. We recently bought a house in a wonderful little North Carolina neighborhood and my husband bought me adirondack chairs for our yard. I can’t wait to curl up in chunky sweater with a huge cup of coffee and a book.
- Sweaters/Cardigans: What girl doesn’t love a warm sweater and jeans in the fall?
- Wine: My husband and I typically take a drive up the Blue Ridge Parkway as the leaves begin to change. There is a beautiful little winery, Chateau Morrisette, nestled in the Virginia mountains that I love to visit. I love drier red wines and fall is the perfect time to enjoy them. My favorite red at Chateau Morrisette is the Chambourcin Reserve.
- Apples: Need I say more? I feel about apples during the fall the way some people do about pumpkins.
- Cool/Crisp Air: There’s just something about waking up on a cool fall morning. If you love fall as much as me, then I don’t have to explain any further.
- Bonfires: I love having people over during these cooler months and gathering around a bonfire (Smores included).
- The Leaves: Growing up in Virginia, I developed a particular love for the leaves changing in the fall. That hasn’t changed much since moving to North Carolina and I’m so thankful to live somewhere where natural beauty is so wonderfully displayed.
- Comfort Food: Spaghetti squash, sweet potatoes, soup, stews, etc. I will be posting some of my favorite fall recipes here in the upcoming months.
What do you love about fall?