Yesterday, as I contemplated what my first blog post would be, I could smell my pork shoulder roast cooking away in the slow cooker. This is one of my favorite go-to recipes that takes very little effort. I typically buy a pork roast from my friends over at PTB Farm a couple of times a month. Their pork is delicious and the owners are one of my favorites to talk with at our farmer’s market.
Slow Cooker Pork BBQ
- 3-4 lb pork should roast
- 1/3 cup water
- Spices: salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, chili powder
- BBQ Sauce (I use Bone Suckin’ Sauce made here in NC)
- Cover pork roast with spices listed. I never measure these out, but just simply give a good coating on all sides.
- Rub the spices into the meat.
- Place roast in your slow cooker.
- Pour water into the bottom of slow cooker.
- Set slow cooker to low for 8 to 8.5 hours (the meat should fall apart when done).
- Transfer meat to a bowl and shred using two forks.
- Add however much BBQ sauce you want.